Model Cleaners is set to launch the 2017 annual Coats for Kids Competition among area schools, with the overall program goal to collect, clean and deliver 10,000 coats to area kids that are in need of staying warm during the cold months ahead.
Below is a quick snapshot on how the Model Cleaners Coats for Kids Competition works:
- Timeframe: Monday November 6th- Friday December 15th
- Schools involved: Charleroi School District, Belle Vernon Area School District, Peters Twp Area School District, Upper St Clair High School, Seton LaSalle High School, Mars High School/Middle School, Seneca Valley High school and North Allegheny High School.
- How the competition works: The school that donates the most coats per student enrolled will win a $1,000 check from Model Cleaners, 2nd place will win $500
- What kind of Coats can be donated: All types and sizes of coats (adult or children’s sizes are all fine)
- What happens to the donated coats: All coats are picked up, cleaned and delivered to all local Salvation Army office and other causes for Free by Model Cleaners all over Pittsburgh each week during the competition.
- If your school is not apart of the competition there are other ways to donate coats:
- You can donate coats to any one of our 14 Model Cleaners locations.
- Stop down before the Pitt vs Miami game on Friday November 26th between 9am to noon at the Model Cleaners tent to donate coats.
- Visit the Peterson Events Center to donate coats to the provided Model Cleaners coat collection bins.
“Last year with the help of five local schools we picked up, cleaned and donated 4,500 coats to help keep area kids warm. This year with eight area schools involved and with the additional help of the University of Pittsburgh’s athletic department we hope to collect, clean and deliver 10,000 clean coats to help area kids stay warm this winter. We need to teach our kids how to lead with love and help one another. I hope in some small way this program can do just that.” stated President of Model Cleaners, Dan LaCarte.